Feature Track

Friday, February 15, 2013

The Day AFTER Valentine’s Day…(aka “Side Chick Day”)


           

*Note: this blog isn't JUST for the side chicks, lol*

           What’s up everyone?  I hope everyone had a great Valentine’s Day.  Me personally, my day was just like any other day.  I did have a Valentine, we just don’t put too much into February 14th like other people do.  Matter of fact, I’m gonna give you all a few things to reflect on since Valentine’s Day has come and gone.  Some things that might make you say…”hmmmmmm…”

            First off, I know that Valentine’s Day is a day that women like to feel special, but did your significant other REALLY accomplish that?  Valentine’s Day is a day that everyone goes out and gets teddy bears, candy, flowers, etc. right?  So what did your partner do for YOU that was different than what others did for their woman?  Here’s the perfect analogy to describe what I mean (since I love using analogies for some strange reason): If a school’s principle has labeled a group of kids as the “special” children of the school (meaning extra SMART) and labeled another group of kids as the OTHER “special” children (meaning extra SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW), yet put them in the same classes with each other, then neither one of those groups will get any “special” treatment needed for that group.  So if you got a teddy bear and some candy, just like that girl… and that girl… AND that girl…………and THAT girl, then how special is the gesture?  Let’s be real, some of these Valentine Day gifts were bought at the Swap-O-Rama, gas stations, and I even seen some at a Mexican Restaurant the other day.   If you REALLY wanna make your girl feel special with the gifts that you get her, try personalizing them.  If you gonna get her flowers, make sure they are her favorite at least (same with candy).  If you gonna get her a teddy bear holding a heart, try to at least get the heart to have her name on it at least.  Jewelry is nice too, so try to engrave her name on whatever you’re getting her. I’ll tell you one thing women (especially the “side chicks”), some of you got recycled gifts! That gift wasn’t supposed to go to you at all.  I’ve seen guys buy a whole bunch of things for “wifey”, but then thought about it… I’m not gonna give her EVERYTHING, cause I still got this ratchet chick I’m messing with on the side that I should hook up tomorrow (Side chick day…remember?).  Not saying that is how the situation actually went for some of you, but I’ve seen it before.  If I’m gonna give out any gifts to my girl, I would try to make them as intimate as possible.  Intimate can also equate to being cheaper too if you play your cards right, so keep that in mind.  Remember, it’s the thought that counts (so they say).

            Some guys go all out with their affection on the 14th, and now are running on “E” for damn near the rest of the year.  Sometimes you have to ask yourself  “should Valentine’s Day be THAT drastic of a change from the rest of the year”?   There are some guys that would rather just break up with their girl either on V. Day or the day before just because they feel a certain level of pressure to not disappoint (that might be their excuse, cause sometimes they are just plain C-H-E-A-P). I think if guys showed a consistent amount of love and affection all year long, then V-Day wouldn’t be as important to them.  For some girls, V-Day is the only day that they get to brag about their guy…so they live it up!!! (LOL…ahhh, that’s so sad).   

And for all of the side chicks that got denied yesterday but are getting their deserving attention today, don’t feel bad at all.  See…being a side chick gives you the opportunity to strive for something.  You aren’t number 1 yet… so you got something to work for!  Be optimistic!  You might be somebody’s number 1 eventually, so when you are… be ready!  Just remember to know your role in the situation.  Although he might not love you, he might love something about you: maybe the way you cook tacos, or how yo a** look in a certain pair of jeans, or even how that damn pay check be looking ever two weeks.   Embrace your inner side chick self, don’t reject it! 

Just remember, just because it’s not V. Day anymore, it don’t mean that you don’t have to spread the love anymore.  Let your girl know that she is special every day.  Get her gifts and do stuff for her at random because you love her, not because it’s that time of year to do so.  That’s what love is all about…with or without Valentine’s Day.  Be blessed everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment