Feature Track

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Knowing is have the battle...




YO YO!!! Hope everyone is enjoying their day.  My day has been busy, and I still have a lot to do so this blog won't be long.  I felt that I had to speak on something that's been on my mind since last night.  Not to deep, just more like a life lesson that I have finally realized.

On Facebook, I posted something before I went to sleep.  It was a realization I had while trying to work on music.  My post (for the most part) said this: "The amount of tools you have at your disposal mean absolutely nothing if you don't know how to use any of them to their fullest capabilities".  You know they say that knowledge is power, and I think that people don't fully understand how deep that saying actually is.  Knowledge is not just about information, but it's about understanding.  As a producer, I have tons of tools around me.  I know how to use them all to a certain degree, but there's a lot that I still don't know nor still understand.  So for the rest of the night, I will be taking the time to get more familiar with my craft and my equipment so I can put out better music.  I think people should take the time to become a master of what they do, not just a person that knows how to do something.  It's nice to know a lot of things, but how many people can say I've mastered an art?  So that's what I'm going for now, to be a master at what I do.  That might end up making me have to cut back on other things so I can focus more at one thing at a time, but I think that is best for me.  I need books, videos, guidance, and dedication to get to the point that I want to be at.  One should never limit themselves to what they can do, but instead just prioritize on making sure what you do is done to your fullest ability.  I hope this inspires or motivates anyone out there that's reading.  If so, leave a comment about your situation.  I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that has been thinking like this.  Well, it's time to start making it happen over here.  You guys stay blessed.  PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment