I could of sworn that the government was supposed to be "for the people, by the people". So when the government stops functioning, is it far fetched to feel as if the government is making a direct statement saying " F#*$ the people"? I mean, I understand it's bigger than that, but it's the American citizens that have to suffer throughout this mess. With it being the first of the month, I know a lot of people were concern if their checks and food stamps will be given to them (my food stamps come on the third, so I had some concern as well). There are gonna be quite a few people that this shutdown will have an impact on for sure. A lot of people are pointing fingers at Obama for this, while others support him and the Obama Care plan. Me personally, I've seen my father's problem with kidney disease for years now, I've seen how bad his health got within the last two years to the point of which his kidneys were only functioning at about 10%, and I know kidney disease is hereditary and I can't afford insurance. I'm in a situation where I feel almost obligated to be in favor of Obama Care, but I understand why a lot of people aren't. I'm not to big on politics, however I do vote and I try to make an attempt to stay updated on current events. It's sad (but not surprising) that the House (Republicans) aren't willing to comply with the spending towards Obama Care , but you would think that the government would of done a better job to prevent a shutdown from happening. Why can places like Canada have a free health care system and still be ran efficiently but America gets caught up in all of this nonsense? Maybe if I wasn't so tired and didn't feel like trash right now I probably could answer that myself. America, we need to get it together. Our country now is laughable to other nations. 2013 has been a hell of a year... And we haven't even reached winter yet. Oh well, I guess when I get home I can just turn on the Xbox and just ignore all this mess for now. I just know I better get my damn stamps on the third!
Hopefully this shutdown won't last too long, but if it does then the next time I blog about it I will talk more on the actual politics. I just don't have the energy in me right now to do it. You all stay blessed, I'm out. PEACE!

No comments:
Post a Comment