I remember the story like it was yesterday/ I grew up knowing this shorty since the second grade/ back when girls wasn’t cuties, they were walking with cooties/ she was my best friend, you knew her, you knew me/ protected her from the bullies that tried to steal her lunch/ and other girls tryin’ to fight her, she couldn’t throw a punch/ people had a hunch we’d get closer as time went/ but we were young, having fun, enjoying the time spent/ together… I never looked at her as a potential lover/ yeah I really love her but I was more like an older brother/ In high school we’d act a fool, always skippin’ class/ she’d grab my hand, I’d occasionally look at shorty’s a**/ feeling’ hard as a rock… she had a nigga trippin’/ plus I was committed to another, I can’t be slippin’/ She told me she hated my girl and she would beat her a**/ but she can’t fight so I laughed, so cute when’s she get mad/ I remember when her parents split, she couldn’t cope/ she ran to me in tears, I grabbed her and I held her close/ It was then I realized my feelings gotten stronger/ I had to tell her soon, I felt I couldn’t wait much longer…/ after we graduated things started to change/ we became a couple, but things started getting strange/ we argued more, she claimed I was always to blame/ I think her father leaving really affected her brain/ I was in love with this girl, I showed it every day/ occasionally she’d show it back, just in a different way/ I used sex to convince me that we would make it.../ I tried to put my love inside a body that filled with hatred/ that was supposed to be sacred.../ but in hindsight, it never felt right, could of cried on some nights/ but despite, I hoped to put a ring on it/ but a nigga broke and I ain’t have a thing on it/ by now we barely speak to each other/ At once she was my best friend, now she feels more like my distant lover/ then that day came, she told me what was in her heart/ she said she loved me but we had started to grow apart/ she took fault, claiming she was in need of soul searching/ and what she had to tell me next might leave my soul hurting/ she then admitted to cheating.../ apologizing while I’m weeping.... my heart was weakened cause this b**ch was creapin'/ she couldn’t look me in my eyes when she talked/ she said she’d never hurt me again, and then she walked.../ gone forever, left my soul cold and hollow/ dwelling on memories, I’m drowning in my sorrow/ I let my heart lead the way, I decided to follow/ but even yesterday couldn’t prepare me for tomorrow…
No comments:
Post a Comment