"The Assassination of a Poet"
I lay here wounded and cold, thinking about what could have been.
I use the last bit of aching consciousness to examine my battered body.
It wasn't supposed to end like this…
Or was it.
Was I doomed to be in this bloody predicament ever since man knew of my existence?
Could it be possible that I was birthed with an unfortunate fate of damnation?
Even if so, my assumptions are irrelevant at this time...
Regardless if I'd foreseen this outcome some time ago...
And acknowledged it only as an illogical dream.
I am unconcern about the deterioration of my flesh…
But more so concern for my diminishing spirit.
If there was a slight ounce of joy that remained within me before this incident occurred…
Then I might have even smiled in the face of death.
Ironically the only face that I can even get a faint glimpse of now…
Is my assassinator’s.
I won't invest any time to wonder about your intentions.
I won't even fight for the sake of possibly looking at you as a failure for your attempt.
I concede...
You win.
From your perplexed glare upon me, I have reason to believe this isn't what you desired.
This was not simply another "job" for you.
This was something entirely different...
Something drastically larger than just you and I.
Nonetheless...
Fate has taken its course...
And your concern for this task shall be no more.
The light that shines to the path to your new beginning…
Subsequently helped cast the horrifying shadow around my departure.
I ask of you to journey through the path that was created for you.
Venture on to whatever God's intentions have in store for you.
You will be fine.
Don't worry about me.
Just go...
No comments:
Post a Comment