Feature Track

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Star Whores: Attack of the Clones


(Lyrical Anakin Skywalker/ I fathered your style. Flip the mask, check the sinister smile/ Swing light sabers like cross faders/ a killing spree of emcees sparked the becoming of Darth Vader - Write Jus)


YO YOOOOOOOOOO!!!  What up world? Before I get into this blog, I'd like to tell everyone to check out my man Furious's blog >>>> http://furiousexpress.blogspot.com/
Dude has a lot of deep views but very down to earth as well.  CMG family is in full effect!!!  Also, I messed around with my design for the blog... don't know if I'm gonna keep it like this or not but I guess we'll see.  Now, on to the blog...

I figured I've been taking too much time to talk about my personal life, so I figured I'd take some time to get something off of my chest that has been bothering me lately.  Have any of you guys out there heard any of these new rappers???? OMG THEY ALL SOUND THE SAME!!!  There one style that's slpit up between like 50 million wanna be emcees out there.  For instance... Nicki Minaj sounds like Drake... who sounds like Lil' Wayne. Here's the catch... who sounds like Nicki Minaj????  (Drum roll please...) JUSTIN BIEBER!!!! WTH?!?!?  And what's up with this whole retarded idea of using similes WITHOUT the word like or as?  Example...

"These rappers are making me pissed... R. Kelly"

Hahaha, ok that wasn't the best example but I felt like being ignorant.  Thing is, EVERYONE is doing it now.  Sad thing is, it's not even just about music.  It's like, EVERYONE wants to be a follower now.  I thought it was only acceptable to consistently be a follower is in the the world of Twitter.... guess I was wrong.  When I take a look at my CMG squad, I see a variety of styles, skill sets and personalities.  Nobody sounds the same in my squad, and I LOVE IT!  When we meet up every week, I get the same person that I expect to get.  I don't ever see one of my guys trying to do the same stuff that everyone else is on right now, they stick to being who they are.  I could of sworn there was a time when everyone was telling people to "do you".  Ironically, that's when the cloning became popular cause it was that very same statement that EVERYONE was saying....UGH!!!!!  Not too long ago everyone was going on Facebook saying if you ask me a question in my inbox, I'll answer on my page.  I said.... HECK NO!!  For what?  Cause my other friends are doing it?  Nah homie, I'm strrrrrrraight!!!

So this is what I plan on doing... I plan on starting a war against all of these clones (Imma call it Cloneism as opposed to Terrorism).  If I gotta go to war by my damn self, then so be it. I gotta go after the defective ones first though so I can get them outta the way.  Come now people, yal know what I'm talking about... bad rappers that think they sound like Lil' Wayne (codename: Lil' Lames), fat/ugly chicks that think they are Black Barbies (codename: Wack Barbies), and all of these other people that are making a desperate effort to be something they are NOT!  Most people call them "swagger jackers" but then again most people don't even know what the hell swagger even means.  As it says in the line at the beginning of the blog, I am the Lyrical Anakin Skywalker.  Yal ain't ready to see me as Vader yet.  We live in a diverse society were it's not that hard to have a sense of identity, just most people don't know how to establish one yet.  All of the young black youth wanna live life as is they live on the set of 106 & Park.  What ever is the popular thing to do, you'll be on top of it from day one.  Maybe you should try to leave your own mark on the planet before you leave it and become just a mere irrelevant memory at the least.  I'm tired of having these Keyshawn Johnson "C'mon Man"moments when I turn on the tv, radio, or even look outside my window.  And for the record, I'm not bitter... I just speak the truth.  I'm out world...PEEEEEEEEEEEACE!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think in order for some one to establish themselves as an individual.. they must have a free mind first. Having a free mind is the path to knowing yourself. Without knowing yourself you simply follow templates for self expectations that are based off of outside sources. A true artist doesnt have to rely on stencils to express his or hers talent. It comes from the creative force that they are one with.It is done "free handed".It flows freely and naturally with distinctive authenticity. Theyre art becomes a reflection of self. To be free is to be one of a kind anything else is a replication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true... and so many people are content with not knowing themselves because they're fine with adapting with everything around then. They build a self comfort zone by knowing that acceptance in today's society isn't something they have to worry about if they just gravitate to whatever it is that currently is being accepted. To go against the grain is to position yourself furthest away from what's considered "common", but allows you the opportunity to be light years ahead of the pack.

    BTW... I tired to comment on your blog last night but it wouldn't let me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good insight as always I'll change the settings

    ReplyDelete