What up world? I figured I'd do this blog a lil' bit earlier than the last one. This blog is gonna talk about something I mentioned on my facebook page earlier today (http://www.facebook.com/WriteJus). I had a question, but now I have my answer.
So the question was, "Is it fair for someone to base a friendship on communication skills"? Now I didn't mean people that don't know how to communicate well with others, but I meant more like... people that communicate with others for their own selfish benefit. People that only contact you cause they need someone to talk to or they need someone to listen to them rant. I always though communication went like this... You (or I) send a message, I (or you) decode the message, and then give feedback on it. The other person then give your opinion on my feedback, and so on. When it comes to friendship, those roles should be easily interchangeable but a lot of times it's not... making me believe that there's no true friendship there at all. I feel that a lot of times I'm used as a "tool" to give feedback/advice to someone in need. So in essence, our relationship is based of your dependance of me, and not a friendship. Sucks don't it?
At Bible Study today, I finally got some clarity (the Lord does that often, lol). I realized two things... One, If I can't tell the other person how I feel about the way they communicate with me then I also have communication problems. And two, Although I may have an issue with "how" people communicate with me, I know there are others that have issues on "when" I communicate with them. I know I have tendencies to fall off the face of the earth temporarily, and it's something I have to work on. I feel we as humans all have the ability to detect a possibility of structuring a strong foundation with someone in order to build a friendship. That foundation, however, takes TWO people to build, so I have to play my part as well... even if that includes letting the other person know what is needed from them to benefit the friendship as a whole (and of course, that works in reverse). So when it comes to the original question, I guess you have to do as much as you can if you think the friendship is worth fixing, but you can only do so much by yourself.
Ok, enough with that now. On to a music update:
Me and my Skillvorkian are working on a new track called "Whatever It Takes". Track is sounding pretty dope so far, so be on the lookout for it. It MIGHT not be out right way cause I just got some bad news (I'll keep you posted on that later). Right now I'd be going insane if my girl didn't calm me down earlier. Don't worry though people, the music is coming soon. Yal B-E-Z... PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEACE!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment